In this article we at Dolce Lucio want to talk to you about the great potential that hot stamping has, and specifically in this article we want to talk to you about finishes with a metallic effect. So, if you're curious to know what it's all about, keep reading.
Let's make a little introduction. You should know that hot stamping can be done on a multitude of materials, including:
- Paper and cardboard: Hot stamping on paper and cardboard is very common and is used to create prints with a metallic effect, widely used in luxury packaging. Hot stamping is used to personalize or decorate shopping bags, cases and boxes, labels and gift cards, adding a touch of elegance and making products more attractive to consumers;
- Plastic: Hot stamping on plastic is often used to personalize products such as envelopes, containers, caps, bottles, boxes, clothing accessories, furnishing elements, components of various types, etc. This technique allows you to create attractive design and high-quality designs;
- Painted metals: hot stamping on painted metal can be used in various sectors. Widely used in the capsule and stopper sector for wines, spirits, oils, etc. In the automotive sector, in furnishing accessories, etc.
- Leather and imitation leather: hot stamping on leather and similar synthetic materials is used in the clothing accessories sector (e.g. jeans leabels, shoes, wallets, gadgets, etc.) to make the decoration even more visible and precious. The so-called "burning" (fired impression of the material) can also be carried out on these materials with or without the addition of the hot foil decoration.
- Wood: hot stamping can be used on wood to embellish packaging made of this material (e.g. boxes, crates, caskets, etc.) or on objects (e.g. brushes, toilet accessories, gadgets, etc.). Similarly to leather, "burning" can be performed with or without the addition of hot foil coloring
- Fabrics: Hot stamping on fabrics is used to create unique designs on clothing, accessories and home textiles. This technique offers a sophisticated look.
Hot foil printing or hot stamping
Decoration with Hot Foil, also called hot stamping, allows you to give to the graphics of a printed matter (logos, texts, drawings, etc.) a metallic effect in terms of colour, brilliance and consistency. The most classic metallic effects are gold and silver, but other colors can also be used: pastel, matt, satin, multicolor, marbled, pearlescent, faux wood, etc.
Technically, the manufacturing process consists of the transfer of color from the foil to the object to be printed by means of the heat and pressure exerted by the machinery.
The tool with which the decoration is imprinted is the cliché which can be made in different materials (aluminium/silicone, brass, magnesium, steel, etc.), dimensions (different sizes and engraving thicknesses) and shapes (flat, curved, shaped, etc.) depending on the type of material and shape of the object on which the decoration is to be imprinted.
Would you like to know more? What are you waiting for! Tell us about your projects, we will realize them together! Write on the appropriate form in the “contact” section of our website and you will be contacted by one of our experts to identify the solution best suited to your needs.